I didn’t understand the whole podcast thing until like two weeks ago. I would much prefer to listen to music 90% of the times. (I def held this opinion because I knew someone who listened to podcasts at the gym which I still can’t comprehend.)
I never foresaw myself getting into them, by then a few of my #favorites were releasing them and I had to. Now, I’m hooked!
- The first one I listened to was an episode of “No Limits with Rebecca Jarvis” that featured Ty Haney, creator of Outdoor Voices. After buying a pair of leggings and many more subsequent pieces, I’ve been intrigued by her whole mission and work ethic, so I was very compelled to listen. It was more informative than I expected a podcast to be.
- Then my current, absolute, 100% favorite of the moment, Alaska, released “Race Chaser with Alaska & Willam.” They’re going through all episodes of drag race while giving opinions and insider information. It’s so funny and insightful to big drag race fans. Plus, Alaska’s voice is so unique that I would listen to her read literally anything.
- Once I discovered one drag race alum’s podcast, I was led to more. First, I tried out “RuPaul: What’s The Tee? w/ Michelle Visage.” From the first episode, I could tell that I would get a lot out of this podcast. I’m only like 12 episodes in, but the first one gave me a better explanation of meditation than anything I’ve ever read. Episode 11: Becoming the Observer of Your Mind was so relatable and insightful on the human psyche. I felt like my consciousness was described so accurately. They talk about very real human issues, so I’m thrilled to have so many more episodes to go through.
- I started “Getting Curious with Jonathan Van Ness,” but I haven’t been sucked in yet. I have this thing with starting from the beginning, so when a first episode doesn’t suck me in, I’m discouraged from continuing. I might have to do a “best of” for this one.
- I have not started “Whimsically Volatile” yet, but I can’t wait to. It features Katya, another drag race favorite. Everything out of her mouth is entertaining, so I’m looking forward to that one.