I would say that I’m close to halfway done with my post-graduation, month-ish-long road trip. I spent today in LA and have a few more days in Cali before continuing North and East.
I wouldn’t be sitting here today if it weren’t for the tunes that accompany me on the endless miles of a cross-country road trip. Though my playlists are constantly changing, my taste remains vast and unassuming. My current 6-CD changer has two old Now That’s What I Call discs, Alaska’s music, KYLE’s new album, Foster the People, and Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness.
Through all of this music, there are some songs that have been sticking out to me. Here they are.
- “iMissMe” by KYLE
- “Freaky Friday” by Lil Dicky feat. Chris Brown
- “Legendary” by Alaska
- “American” by RuPaul
- “Babies” by KYLE (this new album is seriously amazing)
- “Quarter Past Midnight” by Bastille
- “Now or Never” by Blair St. Clair
- “America” by Car Seat Headrest
- “This is America” by Childish Gambino
- “Green & Gold” by Lianne La Havas
- “Lonesome” by Dr. Dog
- “OpenDoors” by KYLE (the last one, I promise!)
I’m a music fiend (who isn’t?), and these are constantly playing in my head. They’re also helping with the very real post-grad depression. I miss my friends already!