I have had those moments in which I look up at all of Smith’s buildings (even the large construction zone around Neilson), and I feel so lucky to have been a part of the campus for my four years. It went by so much faster than I could ever have imagined, but here I am: about to start my FINAL semester. Ahhh.
As I embark on my last Spring semester at Smith, I have come up with a list of things I still want to do.
- Go into every Smith house
- Eat at an Amherst dining hall
- Eat at a Mount Holyoke dining hall
- Eat at a Hampshire dining hall
- Go sledding down Hospital Hill
- Visit every coffee shop in Northampton
- Bring a date (not be a date) to senior ball
- Make your own thank you notes for advisers and mentors
- Get rid of stuff so that everything fits in your car
Me ending up at Smith was a long and difficult journey, but I feel so fortunate to call Smith home. I want to spend this semester making the most of my last moments as a college student.
I can’t believe I won’t be a Smith student this fall, but I have to practice that whole “Smile because it happened” mentality.